Monday, November 28, 2005

Call me Martha

As if throwing my own birthday bash wasn't enough I volunteered to cook a Thanksgiving Feast for family plus two. My sisters suggested kindly this year to order one of those pre-packaged Thanksgiving dinners from Whole Foods. Sure it would be easier for me but I couldn't imagine having someone else dictate what we would have with our turkey. I don't want butter mashed potatoes. I wanted Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic. Who knows what kind of stuffing they would give us. I already had my heart set on Stuffing with Chestnuts and Figs. So being obstinate I insisted on cooking it all.


Menu:
20 lb Turkey. Brined the night before.
Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
Stuffing with Chestnuts and Fig
Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
Cranberry Chutney with Asian Pears
Green Beans with sauteed red onions
Asparagus with Mushroom Ragu
Creamed Spinach



Dinner was scheduled for 4pm. And like a pro we had dinner at 4pm.
It was good even if I have to say it myself.
The turkey was picture perfect golden and juicy.
The side were delicious and plentiful.
Tina and Nathan provided breakfast, a light lunch and snacks throughout the day. Tina bought awesome Apple and Pumpkin pies from Witchcraft. Yummy. Michael (Nathan's friends) brought wine. Dennis brought another pumpkin pie and two bottles of wine. Yippie!

8 hours+ of cooking for a whole 15 minutes of gorging. Success!
Next year I'll put some effort on presentation and make origami napkins.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Dang, girl! That's a spread.

And I'm really liking the bangs. I thik I'm going to cut mine short again after finals are over...

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home