Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Holidays NYC style

Tuesday, December 20th was officially my first day of my vacation.
Tuesday, December 20th the TWU went on strike.
Isn't that a bitch? I thought I would have a nice time shopping for Christmas, check out some museums and other activities at my leisure. Wrong.

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday at home. It was cold, too cold to venture out on foot or bike. Heck I didn't have to be anywhere so there was no incentive for me to suffer. Turned out it was a good thing. Forced me to deal with things I've been putting off. My sister was also happy for my situation. I cooked. Lately I've been so busy that I haven't cooked dinner in a while. Well I've more than made up for that.

Today I decided to head to my office. I had a few things left to do which should be done before Christmas. Holiday tipping which I'd planned to do Tuesday morning. So I bundled up and headed out the door. Initially I was going to bike down but then I had a few technical difficulties. Since I didn't have any time commitment I decided I could walk the 87 blocks to work. It wasn't too bad. It was cold but the sun was out and no wind. I had my ipod and comfortable shoes. All good to go.


After 15 blocks I stopped by Citibank. I wanted to close an account for a while. I did that. Two blocks later I got myself a nice, hot, tall, skim latte at Starbucks. Yum. At 88th Street I stopped by Club Monaco. I wanted to check out a different size on this jacket I'd already gotten. They only had large. But I did notice the cashmere sweater went on further sale from $99 to $69. Have to go back later. At 79th I stopped at Filene's Basement and got two pairs of gloves. One is cute but not warm. The other warm but plain. A few blocks down I stopped to get two bottles of champagne for two clients. I was to do this Tuesday along with holiday tipping. At 65th I went in Le Pain Quotidienne for lunch. I do love their Chicken Curry Sandwich with Cranberry Chutney. So satifying. Finally I made it into work. The whole thing took me 3 hours. Not bad. Of course I'm spent.

At the office I finished the last bit of work. Now I can enjoy my vacation purely. Yeah.
I also took the opportunity to update my blog (as you can see). For some reason my uploading sucks at home. I have pictures from today's walk but that will be posted much later. Sorry didn't bring my transfer cable.

Well now I must head back. Two hour walk home. No sun. It will be colder. I think I've also caught up on my exercise for the week. Tomorrow vegetation.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
Lots of love,
Cindy

2 Comments:

Blogger namkim said...

WE WANT MORE... WE WANT MORE...
MORE ENTRIES PLEASE!!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger hshere said...

Word! whadduppp? it's been a while you know?

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home