Thursday, December 01, 2005

In the name of blogging

My sisters bought me a digital camera for my birthday. Actually I picked it out and got it. They paid for it. It's a good arrangement. I've been wanting something compact since Lena came to visit. Lena and Grace would whip out their compact cameras and take tons of pictures while I struggled to get out my wonderful but cumbersome camera out of its case. Granted mine takes awesome pictures but it is quite heavy. So I'll keep that one for "serious" photography. But for my blogging and personal recording of my life I'll use my new toy, Nikon Coolpix S1

It was between that and the Canon ELP450. I picked the Nikon since my other digital is a Nikon. I am very familiar with Nikon's setting and navigation. I also have a Nikon F3 and N75. I favor Nikon, sure. But if a compact digital that takes great picture in low-light settings existed I would have dump the Nikon in a heart-beat. Turns out no compact can deliver that. No need for me to turn Benedict Arnold.

It's still very new to me but hopefully it will inspire me to take more shots and blog often.



2 Comments:

Blogger hshere said...

Didn't you get your old nikon around the same time as i got my old olympus? hm... maybe it's time for me to upgrade. A x-mas present for moi.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I expect a lot more updates on your blog now!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home