Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Musicians

Sometimes I wish I was a musician.
Yesterday was one of those days.
I went with Dennis to get his bass checked out. It's kinda like a tune-up. The place was this small shop in Chinatown. I've walked by it hundreds of time but never knew it was there. Inside the place smelled like fine wood powder like so many woodshops. All around me were basses and cellos of all kinds. I even saw all silver bass. It was crazy.

The guy at the shop put Dennis' baby on a table and then they got down to business. They started talking in a language of their own. They understood each other with a simple nod or smile. Being there even for a little bit, I could tell that this is a special place where only "real" bass players come to give care to their precious babies.






Like other artists it's a club for members only. Visitors like me could only have access if a member brings them along.
Just shows me that there is so much of New York that is hidden and that's why I love having diverse friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger hshere said...

I love how your pictures come out. Are you doctoring them at all? Thinking maybe I should have bought your camera.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

nonsense. your camera will take awesome pictures.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home