Monday, January 30, 2006

First Rejection

So I got the result of my first job interview. "We are unable to offer you this position." Ouch. Well, not really. I had a feeling that they would pass over me cause one of the analysts kept telling me that he's afraid I'll be bored. I guess coming from small companies where I virtually ran the show overqualifies me for administrative assisting. It's a compliment, sure. But what if I want to be bored. I was considering it a break or dare I say, a vacation (at least from my crazy past jobs).

Well since Linda knew the person who had the results of my interview, she gave me the inside scoop. Turns out it was the other analyst that had concerns about me. This man was a banker and his style is very systematic. He wanted an assistant that wouldn't be too independent or creative. He just wanted someone to answer his phones, file his documents and arrange his travel.

Oh well. I'm sure it's all for the best.
Next!

1 Comments:

Blogger namkim said...

maybe if they knew how much you valued the "EASY" button @ Lehman, they would have had a better understanding of what you exactly wanted...

well, f^*k'm....

you don't want to work with a banker who only wants an underqualified person he could boss around ....

good luck with the other two...

did you decide on last day at olive? i guess we will all find out soon enough...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home