Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Annual Ritual

Well it's almost November.
I use my birthday month to mark what I need to do:
1. see my doctor for my annual checkup
2. see my optometrist for checkup and annual supply of contacts
3. see Lam about a new look

I've made appointments for the first two but Lam was able to see right away.
Yes, my hair was quite long, longest I've ever had. I kept it long primarily for Hyun and her wedding. I knew she wanted it up so I'd figure long hair would help. It did. My hair at the wedding was exactly as we wanted it. But now that's done, I was once again free to do whatever. I wanted a change. I wanted something new and different.

So on Saturday afternoon I sat down in Lam's chair at Serenity and asked just that - short and dramatic. I didn't give him any other directions. I wanted to see what he came up with. And here it is...



I've gotten a range of feedback especially at work. Most people like it. Think it's funky and cool. One female colleague said it was cute but she preferred me in the long hair. Couple of guys noticed but didn't give comments (which I took as that they also preferred the long hair). A few guys didn't or pretended not to notice. No comment. They definitely preferred the long hair. Typical.

2 Comments:

Blogger tomoko said...

Funny, I asked Lam for the same thing a week and a half ago and got most of my hair lopped off. Congrats on the style change! It looks cute. :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Do you like your cut? Can't wait to see you and compare.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home