Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Job ...

I've been really sick the past week.
Started Sunday, March 5th and I'm still recovering. Stupid cough.
I didn't leave my apartment until Thursday, March 9th because I had the final round of interviews (see last entry).
I barely made it. Had no energy left afterwards and came right back home to recoup.
I think it went well. The first hour was a video conference interview with a head dude in LA. It was fairly standard. He asked me about my background, asked me a few questions and then asked if I had any questions. I really didn't have anything but I made it a point to ask anyway. I was told it was a good sign to the interviewer cause it makes it look like I'm interested in the job/company. Whatever. Second interview was only 30 mins but it was much tougher. The guy was the head dude of my department for the NY office. He was very direct and asked me if I knew anything about the company. Well I knew the basic but I got a feeling he wanted a little more details like how $$$ the company made, it's history, etc... I got this sense cause he proceeded to tell me all the facts. I briefly went over my last two jobs, he asked questions and then asked if I had any questions for him. I mentioned that since this was my 8th interview that I didn't really. He then suggested that I could ask a question I already asked. Tough. So I did. I asked what qualities or traits he wished the person hired for this position possess. He like the question. Turns out he hoped the person had diligence and patience. I guess I would be handling some demanding people with high expectation in service. Hmmm. After working with unreasonable-at-many-times designers, any person would be a walk in the park.
Finally I met again with Nick (who would be my direct supervisor). He wanted to introduce me to some people I would be working closely with. Hmm doesn't that make it obvious that they are going to hire me? Also ran into the HR person Dianne who informed me that she talked to a reference of mine. Glowing recommendation, of course. Hmmm more signs that I got the job.
They promised to get back to me early next week.
Well it's early this week, I consider Monday and Tuesday early in the week, don't you?
Nothing.
I better hear from them by tomorrow. I consider Wednesday midweek.
Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home